CALCOS v2.8.1 Release Notes
Relevant Trac tickets and PRs:
|332||61783||CALCOS changes for version 2.7|
|393||62432||New column in lamptab for CALCOS.|
|394||62433||Modify wavecal processing in CALCOS.|
|396||62435||Change message when CALCOS finds no files to calibrate|
|395||62434||CALCOS should save wavecal file names in header.|
|397||62436||CALCOS should average linear distortion parameters for DQ.|
|398||62437||CALCOS should print FPOFFSET.|
|399||62438||CALCOS should set SEGMENT to "BOTH" in x1d header.|
|400||62439||CALCOS should update V_HELIO regardless of HELCORR.|
|401||62440||For CALCOS, add the option to bin a csum image.|
|403||62480||CALCOS should not add _C keywords to FUV headers.|
OPR 62432 New column in lamptab for CALCOS
OPR 61783 CALCOS changes for version 2.7
- This is a catch-all PR for the changes in calcos from version 2.6 to 2.7. Further information will be added later as comments.
- Columns XD_RANGE and BOX are now required to be in the wavecal parameters table, WCPTAB.
OPR 62437 CALCOS should print FPOFFSET.
- The LAMPTAB may have columns FPOFFSET and FP_PIXEL_SHIFT.
OPR 62433 Modify wavecal processing in CALCOS.
- The shift in the dispersion direction will be found for each of the NUV stripes independently. If one or more stripes are not found, an average of the shifts of the other stripes will be assigned to shift1 for the missing stripes. Chi square is computed as one measure of whether a wavecal spectrum was found or not. The value of chi square and the number of degrees of freedom will be saved in the lampflash table with column names CHI_SQUARE and N_DEG_FREEDOM, and they're saved in extension header keywords CHI_SQ_[ABC], NDF_[ABC]. This isn't working as well as I'd like, but it's an improvement over the combined-stripe method.
OPR 62434 CALCOS should save wavecal file names in header
- For auto/GO wavecals, the names of the wavecal file or files will be saved in header keyword WAVECALS.
OPR 62439 CALCOS should update V_HELIO regardless of HELCORR.
- The radial velocity is computed and and assigned to the V_HELIO keyword regardless of HELCORR (but still only for spectroscopic data). The function that computes this value previously used a circular-orbit approximation, and it has been modified to use code taken from calstis, which includes a correction for eccentricity.