Example Science Program Workbooks Are Now Available in ETC 1.4
The JWST Exposure Time Calculator (ETC) version 1.4 is now live. This release contains usability, performance, and accuracy improvements, including:
- New workbooks associated with the Example Science Programs in JDox
- New and updated Sample Workbooks
- Nomenclature now more consistent with APT
- A prominent workbook ID number at the top of the Calculations page
- An update to the allowed NGROUPS values for MIRI target acquisition
- A small change in the NIRCam group time for the FULL subarray
- Subarrary-dependent wavelength ranges for NIRSpec Fixed Slit/BOTS
- Workbooks made prior to ETC 1.3 now include interactive 2D images
Instructions for downloading the new version of the Pandeia engine and the associated data are also available.
As usual, your old workbooks are still available, but are marked read-only. Copying these workbooks will update them to version 1.4 so that you can continue working in the ETC.
If you have any questions about this release, please let us know via the JWST Help Desk.