This archive was created 24th November 2010 and will contain news items older than 1 year.
07 Apr 2015 New and improved post-flashed superdark files for ACS/WFC are available in the archive. Hot and warm pixel flag definitions have also been modified. Information about these changes can be found on the new Post-Flash page.
12 Mar 2015 ISR 15-02 by D. Borncamp "Results of the Updated ACS/WFC Distortion Correction" is now posted.
27 Feb 2015 New alignment and artifact correction routines, as well as a cookbook and test data, are available on the new Selfcal page.
02 Feb 2015 ISR 15-01 by R. Avila "Optimizing pixfrac in Astrodrizzle: An example from the Hubble Frontier Fields" is now posted.
15 Dec 2014 The ACS stand alone de-stripe tool has now been updated to include CTE correction and object masking. Now available in ACSTOOLS.
11 Dec 2014 ISR 14-04 by J. Anderson "Local Pixel Bundles: Bringing the Pixels to the People" is now posted.
24 Nov 2014 An improved geometric distortion solution for ACS/WFC, as well as instructions for its usage, are available on the new Distortion Page, pending integration into the OPUS pipeline in later 2015.
19 Nov 2014 ISR 14-03 by J. Anderson & S. Ogaz "hst2galign: an Automated Galaxy-based Alignment Routine" is now posted.
22 Jul 2014 ISR 14-02 by D. Coe et al. "Readout Dark: Dark Current Accumulation During ACS/WFC Readout" is now posted.
07 Jul 2014 The ACS Data Handbook has now been updated to Version 7.2.
15 Apr 2014 ISR 14-01 by S. Ogaz, et al. "Post-Flash Capabilities of the Advanced Camera for Surveys Wide Field Channel (ACS/WFC) " is now posted.
29 Jan 2014 A new version of the ACS Instrument Handbook is now available for cycle 22.
01 Oct 2013 WFC/ACS Post-Flash capability now available for cycle 21.
26 Aug 2013 ISR 13-03 by Úbeda, L. &, Kozhurina-Platais, V. "ACS/WFC Geometric Distortion: a time dependency study" is now posted.
03 Jul 2013 ISR 13-02 by Ogaz, S. & Anderson, J. "Column Dependency in Charge Transfer Efficiency Correction" is now posted.
12 Feb 2013 A CTE-correcting online calculator has been released. This script will correct an uploaded file of ACS/WFC photometry.
28 Jan 2013 ISR 13-01 by Ubeda, L. & Anderson, J. "Study of the Evolution of the ACS/WFC Sensitivity Loss" is now posted.
03 Oct 2012 ISR 12-05 by Chiaberge, M. "A new accurate CTE photometric correction formula for ACS/WFC" is now posted.
07 Aug 2012 TIR 12-02 by Ogaz, S. et al. "Charge Transfer Efficiency Correction: WFC Dark Files" is now posted.
31 July 2012 ISR 12-04 by Sokol, J., Anderson, J., & Smith, L. "Assessing ACS/WFC Sky Backgrounds" is now posted.
11 July 2012 AstroDrizzle Replaces MultiDrizzle in the MAST Pipeline.
- 16 May 2012 New ACS STAN has been released.
- 10 May 2012 CALACS 2012.2 with CTE-corrected data products will be released on May 16.
- 19 Apr 2012 TIR 12-01 by Pey Lian Lim "Bias and Dark Calibration of ACS/WFC Data: Post-SM4 Automated Pipeline" is now posted.
- 12 Mar 2012 ISR 12-03 by Ubeda, L., and Anderson, J. "Study of the evolution of the ACS/WFC charge transfer efficiency" is now posted.
- 10 Feb 2012 ISR 12-02 by Golimowski, David, et al "Pixel-based correction of the ACS/WFC signal-dependent bias shift" is now posted.
- 07 Feb 2012 ISR 12-01 by Ralph Bohlin "Flux Calibration of the ACS CCD Cameras IV. Absolute Fluxes" is now posted.
- 07 Nov 2011 All Post-SM4 full frame superbiases have been reprocessed to remove the bias striping, and these are now available for retrieval
- 03 Nov 2011: Cycle 19 Calibration Plan has been posted on the Calibration Plan site.
- 20 Sept 2011: ACS is working properly after the SIC & DH lockup that occurred 27 Sept. 2011 05:39 EDT. No science data should be effected.
- 21 Oct 2011: ACS WFC SuperDarks good through Aug 31st are ready for GO retrieval. ACS WFC subarray superbiases are in production.
- 18 Oct 2011: ACS WFC Superbiases have been delivered to CDBS and will be ready for GO retrieval within the next 24 hours. These superbiases are good through Sept 1st. Dark reference files will be available by the end of the week. ACS WFC subarray superbiases are in production.
- 24th Aug 2011:We expect delays in calibration reference file delivery to the MAST archive due to software updates in calacs. Data executed after July 1 2011 are expected to have reference files available by early October.
- 12 Aug 2011: Full-frame ACS WFC bias reference files are ready for GO retrieval and are good through July 01 2011. The following subarray reference files have been updated: wfc2-0rampq good through June 07 2011, wfc1-2k good through July 07 2011. More subarrays are in the queue and are to be updated in the near future. Dark reference files are good through July 01 2011.
- 27 July 2011 ACS ISR "Post-SM4 ACS/WFC Bias Striping: Characterization and Mitigation" (ISR11-05) available via ACS ISR website
- 12 July 2011 ACS ISR "ACS After Servicing Mission 4: The WFC Optimization Campaign" (ISR11-04) available via ACS ISR website
- 03 June 2011 ACS ISR "Flux Calibration of the ACS CCD Cameras III. Sensitivity Changes Over Time" (ISR11-03) available via ACS ISR website
- 28 April 2011 ACS ISR "Flux Calibration of the ACS CCD Cameras II. Encircled Energy Correction" (ISR11-02) available via ACS ISR website
- Jan 2011 ACS ISR "Flux Calibration of the ACS CCD Cameras I. CTE Correction" (ISR 11-01) available via ACS ISR website
- 19 Nov 2010:The ACS team has released new software to perform pixel-based CTE corrections on WFC images and to remove bias striping noise from post-SM4 images. When performing both sets of corrections, the striping noise should be corrected before the CTE.
- Resulting documents from the STScI Calibration Workshop held Summer 2010 at STScI are now posted on the Activities Page .
- 24 Nov 2010 ACS+WFPC2 Analysis Newsletter (STAN) released.
- New ISR: An Empirical Pixel-Based Correction for Imperfect CTE. I. HST's Advanced Camera for Surveys by Anderson and Bedin ISR10-03
- New ACS WFC IDC Tables Delivered July 23, 2010
- 08 June 2011 : Delivery of WFC SuperDark reference files are good through April 15th and are available for retrieval. Bias full frame reference files for WFC are good through May 9th 2011. Next Bias and Dark Delivery ~June 22, 2011.