SBC PR110L and PR130L aXe products
To use these calibration products with aXe, copy them into a directory and set your AXE_CONFIG_PATH environment variable to point to that directory.
A revised wavelength- and flux calibration is now available for the PR110L and PR130L prisms, based on Cycle 13 observations of two QSO targets and two white dwarf flux standards. The aperture definitions were changed on Nov 8th, 2004, and the new calibrations only apply to data obtained after this date.
These files constitute a complete re-calibration of the SBC prisms and should be used for all aXe reductions of ACS/SBC prism spectroscopy obtained after Nov 8th, 2004.
The trace calibrations assume that the direct imaging was obtained in the F165LP filter. Imaging exposures in other filters show offsets up to 12 pixels, which need to be corrected in the Input Object Lists. We are still in the process of quantifying these offsets, but some preliminary estimates follow below. Please contact us for more information.
More details about the SBC calibrations are available here
The aXe pages contain the latest version of aXe as well as sample test data and a sample script to perform the extraction
Offsets in pixels (x,y) to be applied to coordinates measured on images obtained in filters other than F165LP: dx dy -------------------- F115LP -3.74 12.13 F122M -3.74 12.07 F125LP 0.97 -2.44 F140LP 2.88 -8.48 F150LP -0.31 1.26 ====================
aXe Downloadable files for PR110L and PR130L
All of the below files are available for download via ftp at ftp://ftp.stsci.edu/cdbs/acs_aux Please remember that the sensitivity files are FITS TABLES and need to be opened with appropriate software.
- aXe SBC PR110L configuration file: ACS.SBC.PR110L.Cycle13.4.conf
- aXe SBC PR110L sensitivity curve: ACS.SBC.PR110L.Cycle13.sens.fits
- aXe SBC PR110L flat-field cube: ACS.SBC.PR110L.Cycle13.FFCUBE.fits
- aXe SBC PR130L configuration file: ACS.SBC.PR130L.Cycle13.3.conf
- aXe SBC PR130L sensitivity curve: ACS.SBC.PR130L.Cycle13.2.sens.fits
- aXe SBC PR130L flat-field cube: ACS.SBC.PR130L.Cycle13.FFCUBE.fits
- All of the above in one gzip'ed tar file: ACS.SBC.calib.Cycle13.4.tar.gz