WFC G800L aXe products
To use these calibration products with aXe, copy them into a directory and set your AXE_CONFIG_PATH environment variable to point to that directory.
These products are meant to be used together. The WFC sensitivity files available here are valid for extracted spectra which have been flat-fielded using the included flat-fielding cube.
Information about the flat-fielding cube can be found at http://xxx.lanl.gov/abs/astro-ph/0212021.
Information about the field dependence and wavelength calibration can be found here
Information about the sensitivity calibration can be found here
Routine calacs processing now corrects for the gain for all G800L grism exposures. The _FLT.fits files, which should be used for aXe extraction, are in electrons.
The aXe pages contain the latest version of aXe as well as sample test data and a sample script to perform the extraction
aXe Downloadable files
he sensitivity files were last updated Jan 2008 and are applicable to all data taken so far. Details can be found in STECF ISR 0801.
All of the below files are available for download via ftp at ftp://ftp.stsci.edu/cdbs/acs_aux Please remember that the sensitivity files are FITS TABLES and need to be opened with appropriate software.
- aXe master sky image for WFC G800L CHIP1: ACS.WFC.CHIP1.msky.1.fits
- aXe master sky image for WFC G800L CHIP1: ACS.WFC.CHIP2.msky.1.fits
- aXe configuration file for WFC G800L CHIP1:ACS.WFC.CHIP1.Cycle13.5.conf
- aXe configuration file for WFC G800L CHIP2:ACS.WFC.CHIP2.Cycle13.5.conf
- aXe flat-field cube for WFC G800L CHIP1:WFC.flat.cube.CH1.2.fits
- aXe flat-field cube for WFC G800L CHIP2:WFC.flat.cube.Ch2.2.fits
- aXe WFC G800L sensitivity curves:
- ACS.WFC.1st.sens.7.fitsfor 1st order (ASCII version)
- ACS.WFC.2nd.sens.6.fitsfor 2nd order
- ACS.WFC.3rd.sens.2.fitsfor 3rd order
- ACS.WFC.-1st.sens.2.fitsfor -1st order
- ACS.WFC.-2nd.sens.2.fitsfor -2nd order
- ACS.WFC.-3rd.sens.2.fitsfor -3rd order
- ACS.WFC.0th.sens.2.fitsfor 0th order
All of the above in one large tar.gz file (287 MBytes): ACS.WFC.calib.7.tar.gz
Information about aperture corrections is provided in this table which shows flux versus extraction aperture half-width for the G800L grism for the ACS/WFC G800L (1st order), relative to the default aperture half-width of 0.5 arcsec. The corrections are listed for five different wavelength ranges.