|Space Telescope Science Institute|
|ACS Data Handbook V7.2|
The ACS Data Handbook is organized in five chapters, which discuss the following topics:
• Chapter 2 - ACS Data Structure describes the ACS file structures, image header keywords, and data file sizes.
- calacs, the standard ACS calibration software, has undergone significant updates that include corrections to post-SM4 WFC image artifacts. In addition, the software now generates two sets of calibrated products: one with standard calibrations and another set with pixel-based CTE corrections.
- This chapter also provides instructions on how to run calacs manually.
• Chapter 4 - ACS Data Processing Considerations describes how various instrument characteristics affect data processing.
• Chapter 5 - Data Analysis describes the data reduction software available to work with ACS data, and specific analysis strategies for imaging, spectroscopy, polarimetry, and coronagraphy data.For the latest information regarding ACS performance and calibration, users are advised to consult the ACS Web pages located at:This is the standard data processing pipeline for active HST instruments.