On Monday, April 26, 2004 newer, revised ETCs were released.
The following enhancements are implemented:
1) available but unsupported modes for calibration purposes (e.g. clear-clear) are now allowed to compute
2) newer dark rates values for the WFC and the HRC are in place (WFC: 11.1 e-/pix/hr or 3.08 e-3 e-/px/sec and HRC: 13.4 e-/px/hr or 3.72 e-3 e-/px/sec).
3) a fix was applied to the SBC modes to more accurately calculate the global limit for extended sources greater than the size of the detector.
1. This version uses a newer release of the Tomcat web server (4.1.27) and a newer release of the Java Virtual Machine (1.4.2).
2. More complete extraction region tables have been included that support circular regions up to 4 arc seconds in radius containing 100% of the flux.
3. The output pages have been reformatted to improve readability.
The new Exposure Time Calculators linked above were recently developed as part of the Astronomer's Proposal Tool (APT). The links provide access through an interface with the same look-and-feel as the old (CGI) ETCs. We recommend the new APT versions for all users. They have several new features and improvements, as described here. For problems or questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.