- When: April 18th, 9 am - 12:30 pm
- Where: STScI Boardroom, 4th floor
(note: access to the 4th floor requires a keycard; local STScI participants will be around to help escort visitors. )
- Remote participation will be possible using Skype or telecon.
Please contact Jennifer Lotz for the connection information if you wish to join remotely.
We ask each map-making group to discuss their planned approach and methodology, the limitations and strengths of their approach, and how uncertainties on the derived magnifications may be estimated. The presentations will be made available to the community and serve as a resource for non-experts planning to use the Frontier Fields data and the public lensing maps.
For all participants:
We will have an open discussion; please email Jennifer Lotz with any suggested discussion topics.
Schedule: (recorded webcast now available)
- 8:30 am -- coffee
- 9:00 am -- Welcome and introduction to the Frontier Fields -- Jennifer Lotz , STScI
- 9:20 am -- Overview of different modeling approaches -- Priya Natarajan, Yale
- 9:40 am -- Frontier Fields Map Making -- Julian Merten / Adi Zitrin
- 10:00 am -- Frontier Fields Map Making -- Keren Sharon
- 10:20 am -- Frontier Fields Map Making -- Lilya Williams (remote)
- 10:40 am -- Frontier Fields Map Making -- Jean-Paul Kneib, Johan Richards, Eric Jullo
- 11:00 am -- coffee break
- 11:30 am -- Open Discussion (recorded webcast now available)
- What coordination is needed between the different map making groups? data? redshifts? multiply-lensed object identifications?
- Should there be an effort to cross-check the maps before releasing to the community? Analysis of a simulated cluster?
- What is needed for the documentation? Scripts/tools for non-experts to use maps, compute uncertainties?
- Schedule for delivery? Need for a meeting prior to September?