Since the FOC is a relatively little-used instrument, it is hard to justify a large and costly calibration program. We have therefore concentrated on monitoring programs only, to ensure that the instrument is correctly focussed and the UV throughput is nominal, as well as to keep track of the geometric distortion. The program will provide monitoring coverage for the ~200 orbits of remaining Cycle 5-7 FOC programs.
FOC Cycle 7 Calibration Plan
- Calibration Plan Table [PostScript, 57 kb]
Each program is described in detail, giving the following information:
- Proposal Title and RPS2 ID number.
- Short statement of the purpose of the program.
- Program description.
- Instrumental configuration used.
- Statement of the resources required, both in orbits and FTEs.
- Any special requirements needed to carry out the program.
- Accuracy attainable.
- Investigation products.
The calibration plan consisted of the following proposals:
- FOC UV Throughput Monitoring - #7685[PostScript, 56 kb]
- FOC PSF Monitoring - #7686[PostScript, 59 kb]
- Geometric Distortion Monitoring - (No ID - interleaved)[PostScript, 57 kb]