GHRS Instrument Handbook
Most users of the GHRS will find that a simple sequence of commands will work most of the time to obtain the data they desire:
- ACQ in LSA with BRIGHT=RETURN.
- ACQ/PEAKUP to center star in SSA if that aperture is used for the science observations that follow.
- IMAGE, if you wish to obtain an image of the object.
- Wavelength calibration exposure, if desired.
- ACCUMs at wavelengths of interest.
- ACQ/PEAKUP in the SSA if the previous observation was in the LSA.
- ACCUMs for that different aperture.
- Repeat the above as needed for more stars or more visits.
The following sections describe each of these steps in more detail. At the end of the chapter we have provided several illustrative examples.