(The Exposure Time Calculators use a dedicated installation of these files, which is updated on the ETC release schedule and may not be the same as the files listed here.)
There are five basic types of files (FITS tables) we use with the STSDAS software package Synphot and its successor (currently in development),pysynphot.
- component throughput tables (usually "_syn"): each such table gives the transmission curve for an individual element or "component" in the optical path of HST+SI.
- master component lookup table ("_tmc"): contains the full directory path and name of each component throughput table to be used.
- observatory configuration or "master graph" table ("_tmg"): gives the relationship of the components to one another as encountered by a light ray tracing each of the many distinct paths from the HST Primary Mirror to the SI detector.
- thermal component lookup table ("_tmt"): contains the full directory path and name of each component thermal element to be used. Only WFC3 and NICMOS have thermal tables ("_th.fits")
- thermal emissivity files:("_th.fits") each table lists the thermal emission curves for WFC3 and NICMOS.
The tmc, tmg, and tmt tables are also kept in their own directory, called "mtab". They are uniquely named using the uniqname schema, with rootnames endings as described above.Access the mtab FTP directory containing the synphot master tables (tmc, tmg, & tmt).
NOTE: There is a known bug with trying to access the files via ftp server with the Safari browser. The recommended browser for retrieving the files is Firefox.Access FTP directories of the individual component throughput tables (current SIs): OTA-related throughput tables and the Non-HST tables.