APT 27.1 contains the following change you should be aware of:
- Graphical Timeline tool: A new view of APT's model of observation timing (modeled on the HST Orbit Planner's time line).
APT 26.2 contains HST Focused updates for Cycle 26 Phase II
APT 26.1 contains the following changes you should be aware of:
- Pure Parallels: Further improvement on the the implementation of Pure Parallels
- MIRI Boresight Correction: Correction for MIRI Filters boresight offsets
- APT Updated to Java 10: System requirements updated and 32-bit Linux and Windows are no longer supported.
- Orientation in Pointing Distance: Orient Range SR taken into account in distance calculation for visit splitting
- Solar System Background Targets: Added background associations for Solar System targets, similar to current support for Fixed Targets
- APT/ETC Coordination: Several updates to implement consistency in APT and ETC. APT support for link to ETC calculations (full support when ETC update goes live).
- MIRI Dither Patterns: Several updates to dither patterns for MIRI MRS.
APT 26.0.2 contains the following changes you should be aware of:
- Pure Parallels: Improved the implementation of Pure Parallels
- NIRSpec MSA Planning tool: Numerous updates to the NIRSpec MSA Planning tool
- Data Volume: Corrections to data volume calculations and a check at 1/2 recorder size
- Visit Coverage: Corrections to the visit coverage export file
- Target Groups: Completed implementation of target groups
APT 25.4.4 contains the following changes you should be aware of:
- Fix for Aladin: APT 25.4.3 had a regression in Aladin which is fixed with this release.
APT 25.4.3 contains the following changes you should be aware of for JWST Programs:
- Changes to the Visit Planner servers: There are now separate servers for Fixed and Solar System proposals. And Solar System proposals no longer check for guidestars.
- Fix for MIRI LRS Mapping: The spectral & spatial offsets for the mapping dither had been inverted in the Aladin display and reports.
- Improved opacity functionality in Aladin: There is now a master slider for the opacity of apertures in Aladin as well as a toggle to turn off the fill.
APT 25.4.2 contains the following changes you should be aware of for JWST Programs:
- Timing model: Includes updates to the timing model, including revisions to the overheads for coordinated parallel observations and tight timing windows..
- MIRI No Acq option: The option for MIRI LRS and MRS observations to be executed with no Target Acquisition.
- MIRI MRS flexibility: The Wavelength and filter selection is now more flexible for MIRI MRS observations.
APT 25.4.1 contains the following changes you should be aware of for JWST Programs:
- Background Noise Calculation: You can now specify (with a Special Requirement) that your observation is Background Limited and this will be considered in the Visit Planner processing.
- Operational PDF: The operational PDF has been updated to be a more complete view of your proposal. Helpful for reviewing the technical aspects of your proposal.
- ETC ID: There is now a place to record the ETC Workbook ID for each exposure specification.
- Aperture updates in Aladin: There have been changes in the representation in Aladin of many apertures.
- Data Volume: There have been many updates to the data volume calculations.
- Context Sensitive Help: With updates to JDox, CSH is mostly complete.
- Smart Accounting: You are now given feedback that Smart Accounting needs to be run and more ways to invoke it.
- NIRSpec MSA: Guidestar checking and smart accounting have been turned on for NIRSpec MSA observations.
- Processing dates: The default Visit Planner processing dates have been updates for the updated launch dates.
APT 18.104.22.168 contains the following changes you should be aware of for JWST Programs:
- NIRSpec: Added Wide Aperture Target Acquisition (WATA)
- NIRSpec: Updated the NIRSpec MSA Planning Tool
- NIRSpec: Updated MSA metrology model
- NIRSpec: Updated dithers for Fixed Slit and IFU templates
- NIRCam: Updated dither for NIRCam Imaging
- NIRCam: Fixed aperture used for NIRCam Time Series
- MIRI: LRS template can now use SLOW mode
- NIRISS: TA can now use readout pattern NIS
- Aladin: Updated apertures and visualization
- Data Volume: Updated
- Timing Model: Updated (but no overheads yet for moving targets or coordinated parallels)
- Smart Accounting: Updated
- New Category: Added archival proposal category
- TSO: Added Time Series Observation special requirement (allows exposures longer than 10 ks for some templates)
- Guide stars: Catalog updated: news stars added
- Guide stars: Increased spoiler radius: some guide stars no longer viable)