Phase II Proposal Instructions
STScI is no longer printing the Phase II Proposal Instructions (P2PI) and we do not maintain an inventory of copies. This saves on wasted paper, but, more importantly, the electronic document has extremely useful features that paper cannot reproduce. These include a fully-linked table of contents and index, navigation buttons on each page, and many cross-references.
We urge you to try the document on-screen first. You have several ways to access the PDF files for reading:
- Recommended: Click to download the
A4 versions. Your browser will open a dialog box and ask for a file
name. Place the file in a location convenient to you, and then you can
open the file in your browser by typing a URL of the form:
If this does not work, click on the above links with your right mouse button and pull the menu down to "Save Link As...".
- You can get the PDF files by anonymous ftp with these steps:
- cd to your local directory where you wish to place the file
- ftp ftp.stsci.edu
- login as "anonymous," use your e-mail address as password
- cd outside-access/out.going/p2pi
- get p2pi.pdf (or p2pi_A4.pdf)
After transferring the files, you open them in your browser as "file:..".
The Acrobat reader can be downloaded for free from www.adobe.com. Once you are in the document it is easy to print selected pages for ready reference (use Ctrl-p).
If you still want a paper copy after you try this, please realize we will do exactly what you would anyway: print it out on a laser printer, stick it in an envelope, and drop it in the mail. Send requests for paper copies to email@example.com.
Up to 10% of the available HST observing time may be reserved for Director's Discretionary (DD) allocation.
- Frontier Fields
- Cycle 23 Call for Proposals
- HST Primer
- Science Justification Templates
- Status of current and Past Treasury,
Archival Legacy and Large Proposals
- Multi-Cycle Treasury Programs Call for Proposals
- Phase II Instructions
- HST Documents