- "invalid command name 'ctype'." This error message
results from a problem with the inputs format:
(1) The user has included ":" in the RA or Dec. Please follow the format given on the form; no colons.
(2) The program does not like "+" signs in the Declinations. Please omit sign for positive Decs. Negative signs are OK.
(3) The user has put a comma in the exposure time -- for example it will not accept "22,000" seconds. Please use "22000" seconds instead. Someday we will have a better inputs parser...
- Program crashes with no output at all: This usually happens if the user forgets to specify a filter. Also, the input error checking does not work for the manually entered spectral line wavelengths -- a user error here also causes crash with no output.
- There is a report that the SNR is in error by 10% if you specify an I magnitude for B0 star. I'm still trying to figure this one out.
Send comments to John Biretta (firstname.lastname@example.org). Last update 09/12/1999.