The correction formulae for this CTE tool were taken from Andrew Dolphin's website (09/17/2002 version), where they are described in detail. Further information can also be found in the help file. The CTE loss is expressed in magnitudes. The input counts and background are expected in electrons.
For detailed information on CTE and its effects, see:
- Andrew Dolphin's CTE Website. A local copy of Dolphin's website.
- WFPC2 ISR-0203: Charge Transfer Efficiency for Very Faint Objects and a Reexamination of the Long-vs-Short Problem for the WFPC2.
- WFPC2 ISR-0109: The WFPC2 Photometric CTE Monitor.
- WFPC2 ISR-0004: How CTE Affects Extended Sources.
- WFPC2 ISR-0003: Update on Charge Trapping and CTE Residual Images in WFPC2.
- WFPC2 ISR-9904: Time Dependence of CTE from Cosmic Ray Trails.
- WFPC2 ISR-9802: The Long vs. Short Anomaly in WFPC2 Images.
- WFPC2 ISR-9708: New Results on Charge Transfer Efficiency and Constraints on Flat-Field Accuracy.
- WFPC2 ISR-9705: Charge Trapping and CTE Residual Images in the WFPC2 CCDs.
- The WFPC2 Instrument Handbook.
- Posters and presentations from the CTE Workshop held at STScI, January 2000.
- The CTE Poster presented at the June 2001 AAS meeting.
- The CTE Poster presented at the January 2001 AAS meeting.
- The CTE Poster presented at the June 2000 AAS meeting.