Detail of approach from the South:
Enter Martin Luther King Blvd. in Baltimore from either route A or B. See step-by-step directions below map.
From route A to MLK Blvd:
1. From I-95 north, take Exit 53 onto I-395 north.
2. Take I-395 to exit for Martin Luther King Blvd. north.
From route B (see circular inset) to MLK Blvd:
1. Md. 295 north becomes Russell St. in Baltimore; from Russell, take exit for Martin Luther King Blvd. north. (NOTE: The signs are small!) This puts you briefly on a service road that runs parallel to Russell.
2. On service road, stay to the left to avoid being forced onto I-395 exit; take ramp for Martin Luther King Blvd.
From Martin Luther King Blvd. to the Institute:
1. Take MLK Blvd. north until it ends at the light at Howard St. (Remain in one of the middle lanes of MLK Blvd. to avoid a premature forced right or left turn.)
2. Turn left at Howard and proceed north about two miles to 29th St.
3. One block past the light at 29th St., where Howard curves to the right and turns into Art Museum Dr., turn left at the traffic island onto Wyman Park Dr. (For more detail on this area, see map for approach from the north.)
4. Where Wyman Park Dr. curves hard to the left, bear right, onto San Martin Drive.
5. Follow San Martin Drive north approximately one mile to the Institute, the third building on the left (just past the construction site).