“Bully Free at Work: Creating a Respectful Workplace”
John Bahcall Auditorium
1:30 pm October 18, 2016
What can you do when ‘extending the olive branch’ doesn’t seem to work anymore? Handling workplace bullying is actually 180° different than ‘working with a difficult person’. Traditional conflict resolution does not work when dealing with someone who is highly oppositional. That’s why this session is different.
In Valerie Cade’s talk, “Bully Free at Work: Creating a Respectful Workplace”, you will learn and experience:
- What is Workplace Bullying exactly?
- How is workplace bullying different from working with a difficult person?
- How to determine if you are being bullied or not – and what to do about it.
- The approach to take with a difficult person vs. a bully – they are very different!
- What motivates a bully? Why do they do it?
- The top common bullying tactics used and how you can overcome them.
- What to do if you are a target: specific steps to cope and gain your confidence back.
- The best thing you can do to help someone else who is being bullied.
You will gain the full awareness, hope and implementation to help cope with and stop workplace bullying and disruptive behaviors both personally and organizationally. It restores hope and gives inspiration how to create a respectful workplace with sustainability.
Valerie Cade is an award-winning presenter who is considered one of North America’s top experts in the field of stopping workplace bullying. She is author of the best-selling book “Bully Free at Work: What You Can Do To Stop Workplace Bullying Now” which is currently distributed in over 100 countries. She is also founder of Bully Free at Work, which is dedicated to helping you cope with and stop workplace bullying.
With a solid organizational development background, not purely an academic or an “opinion based” approach, Valerie’s style is not only informational, but inspirational; you will feel hope to turn the corner – even with the most challenging situations. Valerie’s 20 years of experience as a relevant and results based implementation practitioner have had her sought after by organizations throughout North America.
In addition, Valerie has earned the Certified Speaking Professional Designation (CSP), which is the highest earned speaking designation in the world with less than 1000 recipients worldwide… and as one of the first females in Canada!