At Space Telescope Science Institute, we recognize that success at work is only a fraction of your success in life. And that the success of our missions depends on the well-being of those who support them. Moreover, the ease with which you can balance the demands of your work and the demands of your life and family is a key element of your overall satisfaction. Therefore, we are pleased to offer a number of programs designed to meet the varying and unique needs of our staff.
We offer a broad range of basic programs that allow you to provide for current and future life needs. Our programs are comprehensive and affordable. Employees make a contribution to the cost of health, dental and voluntary life coverages. Others are company paid.
Our basic benefits include:
- Health insurance coverage, including a vision and prescription plan,
- Dental insurance coverage,
- Life Insurance,
- Disability Insurance – short and long term,
- Medical Flexible Spending Account,
- Generous Retirement Savings Plans.
Additional Family Life Benefits include:
- Voluntary supplemental life insurance for yourself and your family
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts,
- Same-sex Domestic Partner health and dental Insurance coverage.