At STScI, we recognize that success at work is only a small part of success in life. The success of our missions depends on the well-being of those who support them. Therefore, STScI is proud to offer a number of programs designed to meet the varying and unique needs of our staff and provide a healthy work/life balance. Additional information on our family friendly benefits programs can be found in our Family Friendly Benefits Program brochure.
There are two medical and dental plans from which to choose; 85% of premium paid by STScI. Medical coverage is effective the first day of employment and dental the first day of the first month after employment begins. When you enroll in any of STScI's medical plans, you automatically receive prescription drug and vision coverage.
Paid Time off
- Vacation: Up to 5 weeks of paid vacation a year*
- Sick Leave: Up to 12 sick days a year*
- Holidays: 7 regular and 3 personal
* accruals vary based on years of service
Additional Benefits Include:
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Telecommuting Options Available
- Employer-paid Life, Short-term Disability, and Long-term Disability
- Employee Voluntary Retirement Savings Plan
- Employer-sponsored Retirement Plan
- --Employer annual contribution equal to 10% of base salary
- --100% vested
- Tuition Reimbursement and Prepayment Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Programs
- Casual Work Environment
- Discounted Access to the Johns Hopkins University Fitness Center
- Access to the Milton S. Eisenhower Library
- Free Parking
The plan rates for health care coverage and a benefits comparison chart for the current plan year and are available by clicking the links below.
Part-time employees are offered benefits on a pro-rated basis.
These are brief descriptions of our program benefits. In the event of a discrepancy , the provisions of the plan documents/contracts shall apply.