The Space Telescope Science Institute (STScI) is the science and operations center for the Hubble Space Telescope and the James Webb Space Telescope. Its world-class staff carries out investigations in astronomy & astrophysics, instrumentation, and computing.
STScI's High School Research Mentor Program supports active research participation by high school students in science, engineering and computing projects carried out by STScI staff.
Application Deadline: TBD
For more information please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For consideration in this program, students must meet each of the following criteria:
- Have completed 9th grade.
- Attend Baltimore City Schools.
- Submit a complete application by the deadline (to be announced).
- Provide opportunities for very motivated high school students to engage in real science and engineering.
- Encourage students to get an early start in science and engineering.
- Increase student involvement from under-represented populations in science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
- Better prepare high school students for college.
- Increase the STScI's involvement in the local community.
- Help our staff learn to work with a diverse workforce.
- 3 - 15 month internship (summer + academic year).
- Hands-on experience.
- Mentoring and role models.
- Exposure to science careers.
- Present results at a professional venue.