In addition to the following noted items, all documented enhancements, plans, and known bugs can be found on the PyRAF Trac site.
- CL script error messages print the Python line number where the error occurred but not the CL line number. (planned)
- The startup configuration (e.g., IRAF home directory) is not configurable. (planned)
- Startup from within Python scripts (via 'import pyraf') is not easily configurable. (tentatively planned, although we are unsure of the best approach)
- Graphics defaults (fonts, colors, etc) are not configurable. (planned)
- CL level gcur commands are incomplete. We plan to add more, though it is unclear if we will ever implement the full set of commands. (planned)
- The image display cannot be used for interactive plotting. (Note that it can already be used for noninteractive plots.) (work in progress)
- There is limited graphics support for terminal-type devices such as xgterm and xterm. (no definite plans, but we may add support for interactive use of some terminals if demand warrants it)
- A few graphics functions are not implemented (e.g., PUTCELLARRAY which is used to put an image in the graphics window.) (tentatively planned, but low priority)
- We plan to make more of the current gcur capabilities (zooming, etc.) accessible through GUI mechanisms --- menus, buttons, etc. --- as well as (or instead of) through the traditional keystroke commands.
Questions? Contact email@example.com