These are some of the capabilities under study (or partially done already) for inclusion in Specview:
- Prototype Python scripting interface.
- FITS serialization of IVOA SED Data Model format.
- Additional support for spectral templates (chisq computation).
- Better initial self-adjustment for certain types of spectral model components.
- Synthetic photometry
- Automatic annotation of spectral line IDs in graphics window, from data taken from spectral model components.
- A global, fittable radial velocity parameter will be added to the spectral model. With this parameter, operations such as finding radial velocities by cross-correlation, and input of rest wavelengths from tabular data, will become feasible.
- Support for input and handling of model spectral grids will be added. This could be of use in areas such as stellar classification, spectral synthesis, etc.