...For Grants Administrators
A Flexible, Robust Grants Administration System Built on Industry Standard Platforms
All STGMS documents, including grant award and grant amendments, budgets, and reports, are saved in a database for review by Grants Administrators and investigators. Standard document templates can be individually customized, and fields for specific programs and grants are automatically inserted. A privilege hierarchy protects confidential information and controls the grant process from proposal to closeout. Secure backend systems include a relational database server and an Apache/Tomcat web server deployed on Sun/Solaris systems.
- Administrative actions and requests from grantees are queued to an 'Inbox'. Work can then be assigned to or selected by individual staff.
- Configurable privileges control which staff may access documents and prepare and issue awards and amendments.
- Customizable documents, with grant-specific information automatically inserted, include:
- Funding Commitment Letters
- Grant Award Documents
- Grant Amendment Documents
- Interagency Transfer Letters
- Dunning and reminder letters
- Closeout letters
- Documents are produced in MS Word format and distilled to Adobe PDF for distribution to users.
- Documents distributed to users may be sent by email or US Postal Service mail.
- Customizable reports show proposal information, total funding levels, awarded grants, reporting requirements and financial transactions. STGMS includes a customizable interface to the grantor's payment processing system.
- STGMS for Grants Administrators provides a flexible, customizable system to coordinate approved funding for a project among multiple investigators, review proposal budgets, award grants, and track submission of financial, technology and performance reports. The Java-based user interface runs under Microsoft Windows, and is tightly integrated with Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat.