The programs that make up the Synphot synthetic photometry package are distributed as part of STSDAS.
The SYNPHOT Data User's Guide ( New! 2008 Edition ) is a User's Guide for the data-driven aspects of Synphot. It describes obsmodes and keywords for HST instruments (present, future, and retired) and supported ground based photometric systems.
The Synphot Users Guide (2005 Edition) gives detailed descriptions of the tasks in the Synphot package.
The answers to some frequently-asked questions about synphot can be found in the synphot FAQ.
Since the data files used by synphot in its calculations are rather large, they are distributed separately.
- installation instructions
- synphot1.tar.gz (13.6Mb) - This contains the component throughput files and graph and component lookup tables, including preliminary support for COS and WFC3. (use gunzip to uncompress)
- synphot2.tar.Z (68.9Mb) - This contains some of the stellar and galactic model files. (Updated 2/2010 to include the extinction laws used by pysynphot - no updates necessary for SYNPHOT users)
- synphot3.tar.Z (51.5Mb) - This contains the remaining model files: the voluminous Kurucz 93 model stellar files.
- synphot4.tar.Z (4.8Mb) - This contains the spectra of the HST calibration standard stars (updated 6/08).
- synphotpsf.tar.Z (1.3Mb) - This contains the psf images used with the simulators package of synphot.
If you have questions, or are experiencing problems installing the synphot data, please contact us at email@example.com.