James Webb Space Telescope
- VM image of a point source at 11.3um - matches well the optical model including detail of diffraction pattern.
- Taken together with ETM imager testing, these results show that the imager optics perform as expected. And we have the knowledge/confidence to use to confirm MTS performance
- Spectra at 5.7-6.5 & 8.7-10.3 microns
- Illuminated by on-board flat-field source and so demonstrates the calibration source works as intended
- The positions of the spectra on the detector and the degree of curvature match the optical models
- The fringes are typical of mid-IR spectra, and in detail match the spectral resolution and thickness of the detector.
- Background variation as a function of wavelength is also as expected, so no major scattered light problems