ESS Test Center
The test center has been established to provide a way for ESS developed
software to be tested across the multiple platforms that the software is
distributed for use on. All systems are located in S101B
computer room. Please note: NONE OF THE SYSTEMS ARE BACKED UP.
Guidelines for Use
An email distribution list has been established to
communicate the status and announce upgrades to the test center.
Please use majordomo to add yourself to the email@example.com list.
- The systems are available for use on a first come - first served basis.
Please go to: ESS uReserve to make your test center reservations.
- Requests for accounts on the test systems should be forwarded to the
following depending on system type:
Please include the account name, system name, and user responsible for the account on the request.
- The systems will be managed based on their OS type:
- Sun - managed by CISD
- Linux - managed by Bruce Garrett
- Windows and Macs - managed by Michele Gleason
- All systems will be patched on a 3 month interval, with
exceptions for security issues.
- The system administrators will send mail to the ess_test_center
distribution 1 week prior to patch installation.
Engineering & Software Services Division (ESS)
Space Telescope Science Institute (STScI)