Matteo is a Support Scientist on the JWST/NIRCam team. His main scientific interests are stellar evolution and stellar population studies. In particular, the study of resolved stellar population in the Local Group, in order to understand the structure and dynamical evolution of star clusters.
- Multiple stellar populations in globular clusters
- Globular cluster formation and evolution
- Crowded field photometry
- Star formation histories in nearby galaxies
- Properties of pre-main sequence stars and their accretion processes
- Dynamical evolution and tidal disruption of dwarf spheroidal galaxies
Research Topics: Resolved Stellar Population, Stellar Evolution, Globular Clusters, Star Formation Histories