bernie @ stsci
Zope Product Madness
I was delayed a bit by a problem Dan had. He claimed a user password he changed had been overwritten. I set up a test to monitor this. No changes so far. I tested the LDAPSearch Zope product. Some fixes and I reworked it after thinking how it needs to work in so-called real life.
Posted on Jun 19, 2013
While waiting for the zope ldap issue to be fixed I revised the ldapreport scripts to factor out the ldap command configuration. I wrote a new DSLKit command, update, to support this. I tested the revised scripts and got them to work. I wrote a new ad_config file in anticipation of the switch over and set up the new password file. At the end of the day, Alex reported an updated version of ldap had been installed on zopedev and I verified it works. So I will resme testing the LDAPSearch product tomorrow.
Posted on Jun 18, 2013
I was debugging the new LDAPSearch product. I ran into a problem in that its version of ldap doesn't support TLS. I also scoped out a different Active Directory account and will be using that.
Posted on Jun 17, 2013
I installed last week's gallery code changes in production. And I explored the world of Python unit testing by writing 16 tests for the SearchReport backend.
Posted on Jun 13, 2013
Tested Search, Added Report
I finished testing search and added code to generate a csv file from the results. Will need to test the new code.
Posted on Jun 12, 2013
I finished coding the backend for the new LdapSearch product, started testing, and get the simplest test case to pass.
Posted on Jun 11, 2013
I debugged some problems with the photo gallery and then wen back to coding the LdapSearch product.
Posted on Jun 10, 2013
I started updating the ldap report product, with an eye to use it for the phone directory. It now talks to AD, and I am working on other changes.
Posted on Jun 07, 2013
I finished as much of the COI app conversion that can be done before AD is populated. I revised the photo gallery code to index on distinguished name instead of user id. This is needed because in AD there is no simple conversion between the two. I will install the changes tomorrow morning. I started looking at getting the ldap user folder to work with AD.
Posted on Jun 06, 2013
It does not look like the LDAP client library is configured with TLS support on greenink. When I moved the code over to my Mac it ran after a few fixes, but no luck on greenink. So the ext conversion is finished for now. I started work on converting the COI application. Most things work, given the limitations imposed by the missing data in AD. I hope to finish the conversion tomorrow.
Posted on Jun 05, 2013