Kermit Quick Start
- run starttraffic
- run soundserver &
- run ds9 &
- run kermitui &
- Set motors. Pick the desired settings from the drop-down lists,
then press Move. Generally you
will want M2=Goldmirror and Pupil=Large. The focus travel is from
-8800 to 0 and corresponds to about two centimeters of motion.
- Select subarray. Use the subarray size, coadder, and offset
controls to the right of the main kermitui window to pick which portion
of the array to use. Coadders 0 and 1 are the good quadrant, in the
lower left. The blue portion of the array image will show the selected
portion of the array.
- Set exposure time and number of exposures, then press Set.
- Use the Exposure Palette window to easily switch between settings.
At the end of the night:
- In the Exposure Palette window, select Take Darks from the File
menu. Adjust the suggested dark settings as desired, then press Go.
- After the darks have completed, exit kermitui (be sure to save
settings when prompted).
- Run movedata.pl to move
the night's data to an archival subdirectory.
- Analyze data, then publish paper.