Marshall's Astronomical Software in Python
Various publicly-released open source codes can be found at my GitHub
. In particular:
- WebbPSF, a PSF simulation tool for the James Webb Space Telescope
- POPPY, a library for Physical Optics Propagation in Python.
a library for transforming vectors, positions, and rotations
between various rectilinear coordinate systems.
I also have plenty of code that's not yet been released into the wild:
- Tools for working with Gemini Planet Imager data (unofficial/not
part of the supported IDL data pipeline)
- Various utility tools for pysynphot, such as plotting and automated SED model fitting.
- pysynpol, a package for synthetic polarimetry and modeling instrumental polarization, built on top of pysynphot.
- A wrapper for accessing MySQLDB database tables and converting the results into numpy recarrays
There's a fairly extensive list of astronomy-related modules at
the SciPy astronomy page, and an even more extensive list over at this page.