1) 1996: Found X-ray/UV/optical link of initial outburst event in a Be star.
2) 1996: Resolved radiative transfer problem concerning equal emissions of
singlet & triplet lines of HeI lines in Be star spectra.
3) 1993: Demonstration that magnetic flaring processes constitute the most
probable mechanism behind the outbursts of classical Be stars.
4) Late 1970's: Discovery of a new class of variables (nonradial pulsating B stars).
5) Mid 1970's: Application of Fourier techniques for optimized signal recovery
of spectral line profiles. See appendix on reviews.
I devote ~20 hrs/week to writing letters of recommendation for junior
colleagues, correspondences, refereeing of papers for astronomical journals, telescope panels, and funding agencies, and astronomical research.