DECEMBER 11, 2013
CALCOS v2.20.1 Release Notes
This describes changes from calcos version 2.19.6 to 2.20.1.
Relevant Trac tickets and PRs:
|718||68538||Update deprecated Python syntax in calcos.|
|735||68712||Change calcos import statements for boxcar.|
|961||72796||Calcos gives the wrong EXPTIME in x1dsum for NUV.|
|973||73085||Calcos should check wavecorr before updating WAVECALS.|
|981||73424||Calcos should use a SEARCH_OFFSET column in the WCPTAB.|
|982||73439||Calcos should allow aperture = "N/A".|
|984||73571||Calcos x1dsum files have DQ = 0 for some bad pixels.|
|988||73686||Calcos should import pyfits from astropy.|
|995||74005||Function in calcos gets DETECTOR from wrong header.|
|1001||74177||Calcos should check that EXPEND - EXPSTART is not zero.|
|1019||75005||Have CalCOS check the exposure time (EXPTIME) before the CSUMs are created|
- For NUV x1dsum and x1dsum1-4 files, the EXPTIME keyword was being populated with a value that was three times too large. This has been fixed.
- There were situations where a bad pixel in an x1dsum file was not flagged as bad in the DQ column; this has been fixed.
- Some exposures have the same values for EXPSTART and EXPEND, even though the exposure time is not really zero. For these exposures, calcos was dividing by zero. A check for this case has been added.
- A dark exposure may have aperture = N/A and/or life_adj = -999.
- The exposure time keyword(s) are now updated just before writing the "calcos sum" (csum) file, in case calcos does not finish processing due to a bad value for the APERTURE keyword or a missing reference file.
- A new column is supported for the wavecal parameters table, allowing an offset to the search range for a wavecal spectrum.
- The WAVECALS keyword was sometimes set to a value (the name of a file) even if wavecal processing was not actually done.