Performance Enhancements and Bug Fixes Available in ETC 1.5.2
The JWST Exposure Time Calculator (ETC) version 1.5.2 is now live. This patch release features APT consistency improvements, usability upgrades, and bug fixes, including:
- Adding the NRSIRS2 and NRSIRS2RAPID readout patterns to the NIRSpec MOS Confirmation Imaging mode
- Updating the look of the ETC interface
- Converting the Pandeia engine code from Python 2 to Python 3
- Replacing Pysynphot with the newer Astropy Synphot and STSynphot packages
- Fixing a bug that caused the plots to freeze or disappear when calculation ID numbers in a workbook exceeded 50
- Reducing the wait time for actions on the Available Workbooks page, such as retrieving a sample workbook or copying an existing workbook
- Changing the name of copied workbooks to include the original title as well as the ID number of the original workbook
- Adding an explicit link back to the ETC homepage on the logout screen
- Adding functionality for better viewing on small device screens
See the release notes for details, and be sure to review the known issues for this release. Instructions for downloading the new version of the Pandeia engine and the associated data are found in the JWST Documentation and the Pandeia Engine News page.
If you have any questions about this release, please let us know via the JWST Help Desk.