Update on the JWST Cycle 1 Proposal Timeline
The novel coronavirus COVID-19 continues to cause substantial disruption in the worldwide community. It is clear that there will continue to be major impacts on daily life through the end of May.
Under those circumstances, STScI, NASA, ESA, and CSA have decided to delay further the schedule for JWST Cycle 1 GO/AR proposals. We are not announcing a revised deadline at this time. We are continuing to monitor the situation, and will provide an update on the schedule on June 1, 2020. The JWST Call remains open and all proposal preparation tools and documentation continue to be available.
We will provide the community with at least eight (8) weeks' notice of the revised schedule. The proposal deadline will be determined at a later date.
These times offer unprecedented stress and challenges for our community members and their families. Our thoughts go out to all those affected by the current situation. As always, please contact the JWST Help Desk if you have any questions.