Thinking about your Cycle 3 proposal? STScI provides many online resources to assist with your JWST proposal preparation:
- The Cycle 3 Call for Proposals page contains the most complete and up-to-date information about proposing for time on JWST in this next cycle.
- JWST User Documentation (JDox) has been updated with on-orbit performance information, in preparation for Cycle 3.
- Our JWST Observer YouTube channel contains short video tutorials to help you get started with the Exposure Time Calculator (ETC), Astronomer’s Proposal Tool (APT), and data analysis.
- The JWST Interactive Sensitivity Tool (JIST) provides quick access to the basic sensitivities of the observatory.
- Other JWST software tools available to assist users as they investigate various proposal options for viability.
- The JWST Observer website provides a variety of resources relating to the JWST science ecosystem, including:
- Current Approved Observing Programs by category
- The Program Information tool for details on specific approved programs
- Past JWebbinars materials on JWST data analysis topics (new sessions starting soon will include proposal preparation training)
- The Observing Schedules listing the planned short-term schedules
- The Science Publications page showing the latest refereed publications using JWST data
- Publicly available and documented tools developed by the community to support proposal planning, data processing, and analysis
- Technical Documents, including the latest commissioning papers
Make sure you subscribe to receive our science news via email on a range of topics such as proposal tools, data analysis resources, instrument updates, and proposal tips. The JWST Help Desk is available to help you with any specific questions.