Papers and PresentationsPlease see my complete publication list in ADS, or in my CV.
ThesisMy thesis: A High Resolution Survey of Circumstellar Dust around Herbig Ae/Be Stars, UC Berkeley, 2006. (Warning: lots of full-resolution figures. 350 page, 40 MB PDF file)
Peer-Reviewed First-Author Publications
- Marshall D. Perrin, Vacca, William D., & Graham, James R. 2009, Astronomical Journal Evidence for an Edge-on Disk Around the Young Star MWC 778 from Infrared Imaging and Polarimetry
- Marshall D. Perrin, Graham, James R., & Lloyd, James P. 2008, Publications of the Astronomical Society of the Pacific The IRCAL Polarimeter: Design, Calibration, and Data Reduction for an Adaptive Optics Imaging Polarimeter
- Marshall D. Perrin & Graham, James R. 2007, Astrophysical Journal Laser Guide Star Adaptive Optics Integral Field Spectroscopy of a Tightly Collimated Bipolar Jet from the Herbig Ae Star LkHα 233
- Marshall D. Perrin, Gaspard Duchene, Paul Kalas, & James R. Graham. Discovery of an Optically Thick, Edge-on Disk around the Herbig Ae star PDS 144N. ApJ, July 2006. [astro-ph]
- Marshall D. Perrin, James R. Graham, Paul Kalas, James P. Lloyd, Claire E. Max, Donald T. Gavel, Deanna M. Pennington, & Elinor L. Gates Laser Guide Star Adaptive Optics Imaging Polarimetry of Herbig Ae/Be Stars 2004, Science [astro-ph]
- Marshall D. Perrin, Anand Sivaramakrishnan, Russell B. Makidon, Ben R. Oppenheimer, and James R. Graham. The Structure of High Strehl Ratio Point-Spread Functions 2003 Oct 10. Astrophysical Journal. [astro-ph]
Selected Conference Proceedings and Other Publications
- Marshall D. Perrin, Graham, James R., Kalas, Paul, Lloyd, James P., Max, Claire E., Gavel, Donald T., Pennington, Deanna M., & Gates, Elinor L. 2004, Proceedings of the SPIE, Volume 5490, pp. 309-320 (2004). Laser guide star adaptive optics imaging polarimetry of Herbig Ae/Be stars
- M. D. Perrin, J. R. Graham, M. Trumpis, J. Kuhn, K. Whitman, R. Coulter, J. P. Lloyd, and L. C. Roberts, Jr. First light with the Kermit Infrared Camera Proceedings of the Air Force AMOS Technical Conference. 2003.
- Sivaramakrishnan, Anand, Hodge, Philip E., Makidon, Russell B., Perrin, Marshall D., Lloyd, James P., Bloemhof, Eric E., & Oppenheimer, Ben R. 2003, High-Contrast Imaging for Exo-Planet Detection. Edited by Alfred B. Schultz. Proceedings of the SPIE, Volume 4860, pp. 161-170 (2003). The adaptive optics point-spread function at moderate and high Strehl ratios
- Bloser, Peter F., Narita, Tomohiko, Jenkins, Jonathan A., Perrin, Marshall, Murray, Ruth, & Grindlay, Jonathan E. 2002, Proc. SPIE Vol. 4497, p. 88-99, X-Ray and Gamma-Ray Instrumentation for Astronomy XII, Kathryn A. Flanagan; Oswald H. Siegmund; Eds. Balloon flight background measurement with actively-shielded planar and imaging CZT detectors
- Narita, Tomohiko, Grindlay, Jonathan E., Jenkins, Jonathan A., Perrin, Marshall, Marrone, D., Murray, Ruth, & Connell, B. 2002, Proc. SPIE Vol. 4497, p. 79-87, X-Ray and Gamma-Ray Instrumentation for Astronomy XII, Kathryn A. Flanagan; Oswald H. Siegmund; Eds. Design and preliminary tests of a prototype CZT imaging array
- Simulating Point Spread Functions for JWST with WebbPSF, from the July 2012 SPIE meeting.
- The Campaign Data System for the Gemini Planet Imager, from the July 2012 SPIE meeting.
- A Reconfigurable Lenslet Integral Field Spectrograph for Detecting and Characterizing Terrestrial Exoplanets, from the January 2012 AAS meeting.
- Imaging Exoplanets with JWST: Capabilities and Comparisons, from the June 2011 JWST Frontier Science Opportunities workshop.
- Polarimetry with GPI: Simulations and Sensitivities, from the Jan 2011 AAS meeting.
- Imaging Polarimetry with the Gemini Planet Imager, from the 2010 June SPIE meeting.
- Discovery of a Nearly Edge On Disk around the Young Star PDS 453, from the Jan 2010 AAS meeting.
- Beyond Astro 101: A first report on interactive education in an astrophysics class for majors, from the 2009 June AAS meeting.
- Coronagraphic Polarimetry of Disks around Herbig Ae/Be Stars, from the 2009 January AAS meeting.
- Polarimetry with the Gemini Planet Imager, from the 2008 Astronomical Polarimetry meeting.
- Integral Field Spectroscopy of Jets from Young Stars, from the 2007 Keck Science Meeting.
- The Edge-On Circumstellar Disk of the Herbig Ae Star PDS 144N, from the 2006 Cambridge meeting on Circumstellar disks
- LGS AO Polarimetry of Herbig AE/Be stars, from the 2006 Winter AAS meeting