CALCOS v2.13.6 was released as part of STSDAS 3.13 in December 2010 and was installed in the Operations Archive on January 19, 2011 (OPUS Release 2010.4). A detailed list of changes related to CALCOS v2.13.6 can be found on the "CALCOS Release Notices" web page at http://www.stsci.edu/hst/cos/pipeline/CALCOSReleaseNotes/notes/). The most relevant changes to CALCOS introduced by this version are detailed below.
- This version includes a fix to the Data Quality flags of the NUV x1dsum data which in some cases resulted in the inclusion of zero data values in the averaged x1dsum.
- A couple of data quality flags have been redefined:
- DQ flag 512 has changed from meaning FUV pulse height too low to meaning FUV pulse height out of bounds.
- DQ flag 1024 has changed from meaning FUV pulse height too high to being undefined.
- Two new columns have been added to the lampflash table: NET and BACKGROUND.
- Some header keywords have been changed/added.
- In this version CALCOS includes a new command-line argument --find, which triggers a search of the target spectrum in the Y direction rather than relying completely on the offset from the wavecal spectrum. Also, a new option was added to the x1dcorr task to specify the location at which the spectrum should be extracted and/or the extraction height.
Users should be aware that CALCOS v2.13.6 does not accept CORRTAG files as an input. This does not affect the Archive pipeline, which uses the *RAW* files only. We are working on a fix and hope to be able to issue a patch to the STSDAS CALCOS task soon.
Release notes on STSDAS 3.13 can be found at www.stsci.edu/institute/software_hardware/stsdas/relnotes/stsdas_3.13_rel_notes