August 1, 2012
CALCOS RELEASE NOTES
About This Article
This describes changes from calcos version 2.17.3 to 2.18.5.
|558||65203||Calcos should not use keyword TC2_2.|
|718||68538||Update deprecated Python syntax in calcos.|
|720||68550||Calcos should accept data taken with different cenwaves.|
|68936||Calcos should add MCENWAVE and MFPPOS keywords to COS data|
|761||69143||Calcos should flag gain-sagged regions in FUV data.|
|830||70036||Calcos should read the HVTAB and populate keywords.|
|852||70447||For tagflash data, calcos should assign another default value.|
|854||70493||add option to CALXXX tasks to report version ID|
|856||70562||Calcos should use PROPAPER if APERTURE is RelMvReq.|
|857||70563||Calcos should do something sensible if LIFE_ADJ is -1|
|864||70770||Delete the check on NUMERIX in calcos.|
|865||70786||Calcos needs a reasonable default value for x1dsum array size.|
|877||71057||Calcos can flag the upper limits of DQ regions incorrectly.|
|882||71135||Calcos deadtime correction returns the wrong number of values.|
|891||71303||Calcos should update calibration switch keywords for ACQ/IMAGE data.|
|894||71315||Calcos no longer needs to find lamp flash spacing.|
|902||71425||Change calcos --only_csum option regarding switches.|
|903||71426||Calcos should rename some keywords instead of deleting.|
|907||71516||Calcos should round rather than truncate.|
|917||71635||Calcos bug regarding SPWCSTAB = "N/A".|
- The option to use a gsagtab to flag gain sagged regions has been implemented.
- When regions are flagged as bad in the DQ extension of an flt or counts file, the lower limit of flagged regions has (in some cases) been too high. The bug is seen when SHIFT2A (or B or C) is greater than or equal to +0.5, and the lower limit of a flagged region will be too high by the SHIFT2A (B, C) value, rounded to an integer.
- When averaging x1d tables to make an x1dsum table, there are several columns that contain arrays. If all the input x1d tables are empty, the array length was being set to 0, which is not a valid array length. The array length is now set to a positive value, at least 1 but usually the length of an FUV or NUV x1d array.
- A bug was fixed for the case of ACQ/IMAGE data with zero exposure time.
- An association may now include exposures taken with different values of the CENWAVE keyword.
- New keywords MCENWAVE, MFPPOS and MFPOFSET are now written when averaging spectra. The values are strings containing comma-separated values of the distinct CENWAVE, FPPOS and FPOFFSET keywords from the input file(s).
- For ACQ/IMAGE data, the calibration switch keywords were not being updated to COMPLETE. This has been fixed.
- New command-line arguments '--version' and '-r' have been added, to print the version number and the full version string respectively.
- Under some circumstances the APERTURE keyword can have a value such as RelMvReq that does not indicate what aperture was used for the exposure. Additional information (e.g. the value of PROPAPER) is now used to help determine which aperture was actually used.
- If an exposure was taken at an aperture position that is not in the list of currently defined positions (in which case keyword LIFE_ADJ will be -1), the offset from LIFE_ADJ = +1 will be determined from the location of the aperture block, and this offset will be applied when looking for the wavecal or target spectrum.
- The spectroscopic WCS keywords were not being written if the last file in an association had keyword SPWCSTAB = "N/A", e.g. if the exposure was an auto or GO wavecal.