Phase II Proposal Preparation Guidelines and Documents
This page has all the documentation and tools necessary to develop, submit, and monitor your HST Phase II proposal.
- To HST Observers: Preparing Your Phase II Program
- Visit Size Recommendations
- Grant Information and Budget Forms
- Policies for the Telescope Time Review Board (TTRB)
Repeating HST Observations, Changes to Accepted HST Programs, Resolution of Duplications, and Other Program Alterations
- Astronomer's Proposal Tool (APT)
You can retrieve the current version of the APT software from this page.
- Phase II Proposal Instructions
This is the primary reference for the syntax of a Phase II proposal.
- Steps for Creating Your Phase II Proposal
- Instrument Home Pages
This page has links to the current instrument home pages (ACS, COS, FGS, STIS, and WFC3). They have up-to-date information on instrument status, and provide links to Handbooks and Instrument Science Reports (ISRs).
- Fixed Target Coordinate Measurement
This link provides access to instructions and the tools for retrieving your target coordinates from the HST Guide Star Catalog.
- HST User Documents
This page provides a linked list to HST documents, such as the Instrument Handbooks and User Information Reports.
- HST Program and Schedule Information
Once your proposal has been submitted you can use this facility to monitor its progress through execution.
- Major Changes
For Program Change Requests, Resolution of Apparent Duplications or Conflicts of Data Rights and Hubble Observation Problem Reports, go the the Program Information page for the program in question, and use the appropriate links on that page.