About This Article
The novel coronavirus COVID-19 is causing significant impact and disruption on the worldwide community. The situation is evolving rapidly with no obvious conclusion in sight.
Given those circumstances, STScI, NASA, ESA, and CSA have taken the decision to delay the proposal deadline for JWST Cycle 1 General Observer (GO) proposals to no earlier than May 27, 2020. We are continuing to monitor the situation, and will provide an update on the schedule on April 15, 2020.
These are stressful and challenging times. Our thoughts go out to all those affected by the current situation. As always, please contact the JWST Help Desk if you have any questions.